Sunglasses with the correct fit and style is a favorite for many people. Regardless of gender, you need a quality pair of sunglasses for all outdoor activities. You can make use of them when cycling, driving, vacationing, or even hiking.
However, you need to be careful when selecting sunglasses. Remember that sunglasses come in various forms and shapes. It should be noted that not all sunglasses will provide the comfort and perfect fit you desire, hence proper research and understanding is imperative.
Do they have the right technology to reduce glare and brightness on sunny days?
Besides, they also need the right color to help increase or reduce contrast on overcast or hazy days. This is essential as it helps to enhance your vision. Also, they need to be able to shield your eyes from wind, UVA, and UVB harmful rays, rain, and snow.
Nowadays, it’s possible to personalize your frame and lenses when purchasing sunglasses. You can seek advice from other athletes or read online reviews to narrow down your selection.
For instance, as a tennis player, it’s vital you do more research on suitable sunglasses for your needs. This will help you pick the right sunglasses to serve you on the tennis court. Doing your own research on the most suitable prescription sunglasses helps you to make the right choice.
The good news is that you don’t need to struggle to select the perfect pair for your style and sport. You need to consider these essential features listed below that make sports sunglasses invaluable. Let’s explore some of the best brands, frames, and lenses suitable for your sports needs:
One of the significant features of sunglasses is the lens. This is because they’re responsible for producing a sharper vision and high-definition visual experience.
To improve your sports performance ensure the lens technology is effective enough to allow you to see moving objects like balls faster. You need to focus on these key lens characteristics when shopping for sunglasses. Besides, all your focus should be on a better visual experience without sacrificing eye protection.
Good sports sunglasses should have lenses with 99% or more UVA and UVB rays protection.
Most sports sunglasses include this protection on their lenses. UVA and UVB protection is crucial if your sunglasses are all-day wear.
You’re rather safe with your naked eyes than with sunglasses that don’t block the sun’s harmful rays. So buy your prescription sport glasses online, and ensure they come with good eye protection technology. For instance, if you’re a tennis player, you need prescription sports sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection lenses to protect your eyes from glare and allow you to serve better.
Another significant feature of the lens you need to consider is its material. There are various materials like glass, polyurethane, plastic, and polycarbonate. All these materials have unique advantages with respect to their durability, visual sharpness, and price. Ensure you try on a few types of lenses before buying the sunglasses.
- Plastic lenses offer outstanding visual clarity. However, they experience scratching without a protective coating.
- Glass lenses offer superb optical clarity but are prone to breaking, which is unsuitable for sportspeople. Also, they can be problematic due to their extra weight.
- Polycarbonate lenses are favorite for most athletes. If you’re a golfer you’ll enjoy these types of lenses for their impact-resistant and lightweight lenses. You can add anti-scratch and anti-reflective coatings to enhance their performance.
Mirrored lenses are essential as they help to reduce glare. You need to consider mirrored lenses if you play on reflective surfaces like sand and snow.
Additionally, they can also protect your eyes from your game opponent. Note that your lenses may be more prone to scratching since they have a reflective coating.
Polarized lenses are more expensive compared to the other types of sunglasses. They have several excellent features when they’re added to your sports sunglasses. They help to reduce glare from the reflective surfaces while also blocking UVA rays. Its filtering mechanism makes it suitable for baseball players. You’ll enjoy the sharp vision it provides while playing sports.
If you love racing or fishing activities, then these are the perfect lenses for you. This is because they enhance visibility on water and track.
You need to consider the kind of activities you are involved in when picking lenses. You need to pick frames that allow you to customize your lens for sports activities.
Interchangeable lenses are a fantastic choice if you play several sports activities. Besides, you can easily replace the lenses if one gets damaged.
Frames are essential and serve one purpose – supporting the lens. Therefore, you should pick a stylish and comfortable design. Ensure you consider their grip, coverage, and fit when shopping for your prescription sports sunglasses online.
Don’t ignore these features, as they’re essential to providing excellent performance and protection. Their objective is to be comfortable when you engage in your sport. Let’s expound on these features:
- Grip: This is an essential addition to any sunglasses. The main goal of grip is to lock your sunglasses in a firm position. This is necessary as it allows you to concentrate on the activity.You should ensure this is available on your sport prescription sunglasses because any slight shift in your frame will affect your eyesight.The rubber nose piece ensures the frames are in place, regardless of bump, twirl, or play. With the grip, you’ll be confident even on high impact.
- Fit is also another essential feature to your sunglasses. You should choose a frame that can complement your other gear. This is essential as it helps to maximize your focus and athletic performance.If you’re a cyclist, you can pair your helmet with sunglasses with a straight temple for a seamless fit. You can go for a bent temple if you love hiking, running, or fishing. A bent temple is more popular compared a straight one.Additionally, adjustable temples are more suitable for mountaineers and climbers. This is because they can readily fit over several straps or hats. You can customize a specialized bridge design with a temple shape to allow airflow and defog your sunglasses.
- Coverage is also vital for your sunglasses. This is because it helps to keep the dirt, UVA and UVB rays, wind, and debris out.Two essential factors help to determine the coverage of your prescription sports sunglasses. This is the height of the lens and the general shape/style of the rim.You can start with square frames or semi-rimless shields for prescription sport sunglasses. The beauty of these particular frame designs is that they have tall enough lenses to accommodate various prescriptions.
Another beautiful and functional sports sunglasses are the Rudy Project Rydon. It is made from a mix of various materials. For instance, the temples comprise light aluminum, while the frame is strong nylon.
You will enjoy these prescription sports glasses on even the hottest and sweatiest games. This is because the flying lens design allows airflow and fog-free vision. Moreover, you can easily adjust the temples and nose pads to match your facial features.
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL are some of athletes’ most popular sports sunglasses. You gain more confidence with these sunglasses because of the material used.
The sunglasses are incredibly durable and lightweight for comfort since Oakley uses its exclusive O MatterTM when building them.
The UnobatiniumTM earsocks and nose pads help to hold the sunglasses firmly in place even when you sweat a lot.
To enjoy your favorite sport, you need to invest in prescription sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun. You can find sports sunglasses that are suitable for your type of sport.
Whether you’re a weekend team sport player, a cyclist, or a triathlete, ensure that you invest in an appropriate pair of prescription sport sunglasses. They will not only be comfortable, but they also improve your overall performance and visual experience.