One of the most common reasons for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is uncomfortable, heavy pillows that suffocate the child leading to its death. At the same time, sleeping on a flat surface can result in improper body posture causing a stiff neck, flathead, and an unnaturally aligned spine.
Luckily, memory foam pillows are designed to address all these problems. For both regular or memory foam mattresses for kids, a memory foam pillow will offer head, neck, and shoulders support and promote spinal stability.
The following guide covers all about memory foam pillows, their benefits for kids, the qualities of a great memory foam pillow, and why you should consider Mlily memory foam pillow!
Memory foam pillows are different from traditional pillows because their stuffing is made of foamed viscoelastic foam rather than feathers, cotton, and polyester, etc. While the primary job of a regular pillow is to support the head and the neck while sleeping, memory foam pillows take it one step further by conforming to the shape of your head and shoulders.
Another great thing about memory foam pillows is their high viscosity and density. They also have elasticity; thus, they do not elevate your head while sleeping and save you from chronic neck and shoulder pain. However, some memory foam pillows are also used to support the neck and shoulders, and they come with stuffing to provide smooth, soft support to the head and the neck.
Pillows are to sleep on, but memory foam pillows do better for kids because of their additional qualities. Memory foam pillows have many benefits for your kid; they are soft, breathable, and provide just enough support to the head and neck of your baby.
They also promote good sleep hygiene and save your child from unstable neck support. They often go well with a memory foam mattress for kids to provide even better head, neck, and spine support.
However, it is recommended not to use a memory foam pillow before 18 months and, if possible, two years. It is better to read the details once as some memory foam pillows are designed for a specific age.
Even memory foam pillows have different types based on their material or stuffing. Most pillows are also designed for a particular age which is why it is essential to look for the following factors when looking for one for your child:
- Pillow Stuffing: Memory foam pillows should have, of course, memory foam stuffing inside them. While you’ll also find pillows that include a percentage of sustainable materials such as hemp or buckwheat, you should go only with pure memory foam stuffing.
- Pillow Material: The memory foam pillow for your child should be made of soft, comfortable, and breathable fabric that can be washed with water.
- Support: This includes head, neck, and spine support. The need for a not too soft, not too hard memory foam pillow is even greater if you look for memory foam pillows for bunk bed mattresses.
- Size: Typically, memory foam pillows for toddlers are small, which won’t be a problem unless your child has a relatively smaller or bigger head than other children.
As parents, you would want nothing for your child, but the best and Mlily memory foam pillow serves just that. It is a soft, lightweight pillow stuffed with organic memory foam and comes in three adjustable layers to provide the best of experience:
- Top Contoured Comfort Layer: It supports the neck and shoulders and helps correct the spine posture of your child.
- Bottom Flat Layers: The two bottom layers give you the flexibility to adjust the pillow’s height for your child. Depending on the regular, bunk, or trundle bed mattress your child sleeps on, you can change these layers.
Let’s look at some of the other features of Mlily’s memory foam pillow and why you should consider it:
- Since the pillow is divided into three adjustable layers, the pillow allows better air passage and, thus, is breathable.
- It is also anti-odor, moisture-wicking and provides a more relaxed, restful sleep for your child.
- Since the pillow is made from synthetic memory foam with no harmful materials, it is safe to use.
- The material is washable and promotes better sleep hygiene.
- The size of the Mlily pillow foam is just 20 x 12 x 3.5 inches and weighs only five pounds – perfect for a toddler.
Unlike traditional pillows, memory foam pillows are soft, smooth, and lightweight. They promote better head, neck, and shoulder support and also correct posture. And Mlily pillow foam stands out with its three adjustable layers, soft, breathable, washable fabric, and just the right size!