Has your small business started to put content marketing strategies to work yet? If you haven’t gotten started in this up-and-coming branch of marketing, there are several key reasons to start enhancing your strategy now. Content marketing allows you to keep your customers interested and informed while promoting your company’s industry reputation and increasing your odds of getting found by new customers in commonly used search engines. However, not all businesses are making use of this unique and potentially highly beneficial marketing technique. If you’re interested in using lesser-known content marketing strategies to promote your business, try out these four key tips.
1. Offer Your Customers a Recurring Blog Subscription Plan
One of the simplest and most effective ways to not only attract readers to your content but to then convert those readers into potential customers is to offer a special content marketing subscription plan, such as an exclusive blog subscription plan, to your readers. These plans allow readers to access extra content and may help promote word-of-mouth advertising about your business as well. To get started, consider offering at least two content tiers, one of which can be public and free and one of which can be paid and subscription-only.
2. Tailor Each Piece of Content to What Your Audience Wants
Before you hit “post” on any new content, make sure it appeals to what your audience wants. In order to really hit the nail on the head, you’ll need to conduct some extensive market and demographic research first. You can stay on track and boost the appeal of your content by asking yourself a series of questions before creating any new content. For instance, consider questions such as:
- What customer needs does your business aim to fulfill?
- Which target audiences are you trying to reach?
- Which customer characteristics are you trying to appeal to most?
- Does your content answer frequent customer questions or address topics that draw a wide degree of interest?
- How does each post fit into your wider, longer-term content strategy?
3. Focus on Crafting Quality Work To Boost Your Reputation
Although it’s important to post new content regularly in order to get ideal search engine optimization results and to keep your readers interested in your company, ensuring each post is high quality matters as well. When you regularly post high-quality work, you boost your company’s reputation and standing. Over time, well-crafted posts could give your company:
- Respect in your industry and a leading industry position
- A reputation of knowledge and quality among your customers
- A technological edge thanks to SEO-optimized content and posts
4. Vary Your Content Types To Keep Audiences Interested
Lastly, it’s important to vary your content in order to shake things up and keep audiences interested. This piece of advice is particularly important to long-term content marketing strategies. Although the same types of articles may attract some readers at first, for instance, retaining your target audiences over time may require a little more creativity. Some content types you may consider venturing into include:
- Short SEO-geared articles
- Long-read blog posts
- Videos and short clips
- Podcasts and audio recordings
- Social media posts
If your company has been looking for ways to enhance your online presence, attract potential new customers, boost your industry standing, position yourself as a subject-matter expert and keep audiences informed at the same time, you may want to look into expanding your content marketing efforts. This increasingly popular marketing strategy allows small businesses to achieve a number of business goals in a clever and often cost-effective way. If your business still needs to up its content marketing game, be sure to start putting these four key tips to good use.